Any doe is eligible for the futurity provided she qualifies under the following:
Entries are due January 31, 2019
1. Candidate must be registered or a recorded-grade
dairy goat with ADGA.
2. Candidate must be owned by an active member of the MDGA.
3. Candidate application for nomination must be post-marked on or
before January 31
of the year following its
birth (i.e. the nomination form for a doe born March, 2018, is due by
January 31, 2019).
4. In the event that the animal is sold, it is still eligible provided that the owner is a MDGA member or becomes a member within 30 days.
5. If the owner of a futurity candidate allows his or her membership to lapse, the animal relinquishes all rights and monies in the futurity.
6. Previously un-nominated does purchased after their birth year are not eligible. Exception to this rule is any animal bought through auction at the MDGA
Annual Conference, for which all nominations and fees are paid by the MDGA.
7. If the nomination is not continued, previously submitted monies are relinquished by the owner.
The Judging of nominated does will be conducted in the regular
3-year old class of their breed at the Minnesota
State Fair. If the doe’s birthday prevents her from showing in the 3-year-old class (her birthday falls after the show) she will be judged the following year. The following year’s nomination and fees are required.
The ranking of qualified does relative to each other within each breed determines payoff.
The payoff will be announced at the time of the breed class. Payoff of each breed will be awarded at the award ceremony. The payoff rules for each breed are as follows:
1. If no doe qualifies, the monies collected go into next year’s pot.
2. If one doe qualifies, she receives 100% of the pot.
3. If two does qualify, the money is divided 60% / 40%
4. If three does qualify, the money is divided 45% / 35% / 20%
5. An additional $50.00 will be added by MDGA to each breed pot paid out.
Doe kids shall be nominated before
January 31st of the year following their birth year. A pre-pay option is available. This option allows an owner a one-time nomination and one-time fee due before
January 31st of the year following their birth year.
(one time only)
Futurity Nomination Form -->
If you would
like to complete your nomination entirely online, complete the Excel
Version of the Nomination
then save your nomination form as a file on your computer. Next, email it
as an attachment to Emily Thompson at
Registration will be verified with
ADGA based on the registration numbers listed for your nominees.
the PayPal processing shown below, entering the number of each type
of nominee. Before submitting your payment, be sure to view your cart to verify that the fees
charged match those calculated on the Excel Nomination Form. Your personal payment information will only
be processed through PayPal, that will email a receipt to your email