- This event has passed.
MDGA Outstanding Youth Application Due
December 30, 2020 - December 31, 2020
Outstanding Youth Nomination Guidelines
1. Contestants must be between 16 and 19 years of age as of January 1 of 2021.
2. Contestants must reside in the State of Minnesota. The only exception will be those
contestants who live outside the state for the sole purpose of being a full-time student.
3. Contestants or a parent of the contestant must be a member of the Minnesota Dairy
4. Preference given to students who have not been selected
4. Contestants must be sponsored by a dairy goat club, farm, business organization,
5. Contestants must be knowledgeable about dairy goats.
6. An application, resume, bio and 2 letters of recommendation are required. The candidate must submit a resume, which includes their name, address, age, interests, hobbies, a short history of dairy goat involvement and a recent photograph. 2 letters of
recommendation are required and may be sent with the application or directly from the
person writing the recommendation. All application materials are due December 31,
7. Applications are to be sent to Larry Marquette; 457 Dempsey Ave NW, Buffalo MN
55313 or email@example.com. If you have questions, call Larry at 612-280-8929.
8. A Selection Committee may conduct an oral interview to determine a winner. The
representative will be chosen based on their interest in the dairy goat industry, personality, their resume and two recommendations written by persons other than a family
9. The winner and a runner-up will be announced as soon as the selection is made in
Outstanding Youth Duties
1. Assist the State Fair Youth Committee.
2. The outstanding Youth will represent the MDGA at the Minnesota State Fair Youth
and Open Dairy Goat Shows, MN State Show, and other regional shows as they are
3. Assist with awards ceremonies at the Minnesota State Fair Shows.
4. Promote and assist with the youth at the MDGA’s informative Goat Booth at the Minnesota State Fair.
5. Provide dairy promotions through newspaper articles, radio interviews, and other
media, or attending and/or speaking at special events as requested.
6. The Outstanding Youth and runner-up must wear an official name badge when acting in official capacity.
7. The selected Outstanding Youth must present an oral year-end report at the Fall
General Membership meeting.
8. The MDGA agrees to underwrite the mileage one-way, from home to any association sponsored function that the Outstanding Youth is asked or required to attend.
9. If the Outstanding Youth attends the ADGA Annual Convention, the MDGA will
sponsor them, but they must participate in the ADGA Youth Contest.
10. A $250.00 scholarship or a $250.00 stipend towards ADGA National Convention
attendance will be provided.
11.The Outstanding youth will receive an MDGA T-Shirt and polo shirt.
12. In the event that the winner is unable to fulfill his/her duties, the runner-up will assume the responsibilities.